FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Montreal Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:22 am
Tronic

Would not stay here again.

Booked a 3 night weekend stay here recently and wished I would have just stayed at one of the many independents. Had a great rate though so can I really complain? First world problems but annoying none the less:

Contacted GM a week out to inquire about setting something nice up for my SO's birthday but I received an out of office reply so I turned to the "experience manager." GM never responded but the experience manager called to ask what type of wine we would like. Figured that was a good start.

Fast forward to arrival and nothing in regards to this matter had been done. NBD I figured since they're under no obligation to do anything.

Got to the room and wanted to throw our passports in the safe but it was DOA. Called the front desk and they sent someone to fix it but he did no better than my own attempts so I was assured someone from maintenance would address it promptly.

Upon our return later that evening, the safe was still not working and there was no evidence it had been looked at. A note had not been left.

24 hours later, after a day sightseeing, we returned to a surprise bottle of sparkling apple juice and a "happy birthday" note. One sip each and it was stashed in the fridge, which never actually stayed cold. How Pinot Noir can be confused with apple juice is beyond me, but again it was "free" so can I complain?

The plumbing seemed out of whack considering it took multiple flushes to dispose of a single piece of toilet paper.

On the plus side, staff was great, decor was in good condition and location was ideal.

So overall nothing terrible happened but I wouldn't recommend the IC to anyone or stay there again. Overall kinda disappointed since I wanted the stay to be enjoyable but ended up as just average.