FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elevator Out-How much compensation to request???
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:20 am
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Elevator Out-How much compensation to request???

Today, I woke for a day of work and meetings. Showered, dressed, talked to my lovely wife, packed and left my room. THEN the trouble started.

Three doors away was the elevator-with a HUGE out of order sign. Keep in mind-I was on the SECOND floor of this three story behemoth. I had a 22" roller AND a laptop bag. NOW I had to take a flight of stairs??? WHERE WERE THEY? OH, I turned around and found them. Down the steps.... TWO BEADS of sweat formed on my brow. This was hot, humid NC!

Down to the lobby and my car. I LEFT MY PHONE IN THE ROOM! WHAT TO DO???

I walked back in. The reception clerk recognized me. I told her I forgot my phone back up the stairs. She offered to have someone get it so I didnt have to hike the stairs. NO WAY! I want every last drop of comp. I can get. UP THE STEPS. Trudge trudge. Grab my phone....back down the steps. Two more beads of sweat CHACHING!

FINALLY into my car and off!

Now, my question....how much comp? I just made LTP. I am thinking 270k points. A nice Cat 1-5 travel package with 120k FF miles. I don't want to be ridiculous and ask for anything higher. Am I aiming to low???

(BTW, everything above happened today-with some embellishment. The interest in comp. is pure satire... )