FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia denying existence of my booking
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:36 pm
David-A

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by wombattoo
From your responses the problem could quite possibly be that the two PNRs I have aren't for Iberia, hence them not finding the details. Having said that, I did give them the ticket number I have and again they couldn't find the details. Is there a separate ticket number for each flight?
There can be many (many) PNRs involved in some bookings with multiple operating airlines involved.

As for ticket numbers: You can have multiple flights across different airlines all on one ticket. Or, you can have multiple tickets involved despite all being with the one airline - it can depend upon a mix of how it was implemented and which fares (and rules) are involved from the airlines, etc.

I don't think you have cause to worry, it is most likely just a question of the wrong references.

Using your booking references (PNRs) and the public access website of the different GDS providers (checkmytrip.com for Amadeus, virtuallythere.com for Sabre, etc, etc) you might be able to pull up your reservation enough to see what ticket numbers are being used, and what sectors they cover.

Doing this might also show references to some other PNRs you are not aware of!

Obviously there are two separate parts to everything being ok, having tickets for the whole journey and being booked onto the flights. If you can see ticket number(s) covering the whole journey the ticket bit is certainly fine. Ultimatly Iberia should be able to confirm you are booked on their flight if you give them the date, flight, name, ticket number etc.
But make your TA do some work!