FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - chase has different Verify by visa procedures now for online transactions
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:40 pm
rgAAFT

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Wink

Originally Posted by Happy
You cannot be more wrong.

If you only know about Europe Rail, then you need to do more google search or read more sites to expand your knowledge base.

There is at least one site to buy SNCF tickets not only it is at the SAME PRICE as SNCF, but also it allows you to HOLD your reservation and come back to buy it the next day.

There are several UK sites that the surcharge is a VERY REASONABLE 5% or below. I would gladly pay that surcharge and not to try to call Chase multiple times or try multiple other cards to make the purchases - because UNLESS your other cards participate in the 3 D secure system, your other cards would inevitably fail just like the Chase cards. So far I do not know which cards would pass the muster - CapOne does not participate, Citi does not participate Master Secure Code in the past, no idea now. Have not tried Barclays yet.

That is what alexmt's post is all about - note he mentioned US Banks...

I am not aware the European National Railway systems allow you make the payment via PayPal.

So have you found other cards that work, short of calling Chase to book yours?
2 words Almost ALL cards work with verify by visa and MasterCard secure code. Remember,you were the one who told me that I may have had problems with v by v transactions due to Chase supposedly pulling out of the program. Honestly, I am surprised that someone with your post count doesn't know this?

Rather than lecturing me, would you mind just sharing the list of third-party sellers?