FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - chase has different Verify by visa procedures now for online transactions
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:09 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
And don't forget about paying at least1.5 tiimes more for buying the tickets through a third party. A more friendly solution is to use another card or opt for the transaction to be processed through PayPal or other similar service. I hear renfee supposedly now supports PayPal, to help those having problems buying train tickets
You cannot be more wrong.

If you only know about Europe Rail, then you need to do more google search or read more sites to expand your knowledge base.

There is at least one site to buy SNCF tickets not only it is at the SAME PRICE as SNCF, but also it allows you to HOLD your reservation and come back to buy it the next day.

There are several UK sites that the surcharge is a VERY REASONABLE 5% or below. I would gladly pay that surcharge and not to try to call Chase multiple times or try multiple other cards to make the purchases - because UNLESS your other cards participate in the 3 D secure system, your other cards would inevitably fail just like the Chase cards. So far I do not know which cards would pass the muster - CapOne does not participate, Citi does not participate Master Secure Code in the past, no idea now. Have not tried Barclays yet.

That is what alexmt's post is all about - note he mentioned US Banks...

I am not aware the European National Railway systems allow you make the payment via PayPal.

So have you found other cards that work, short of calling Chase to book yours?

Last edited by Happy; Aug 18, 2014 at 2:17 pm