FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions re seat assignments, notifications for Star Alliance Gold members
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:48 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Questions re seat assignments, notifications for Star Alliance Gold members

I saw a three-year-old thread on early seat assignments for Star Alliance Gold members, but since I have other questions and since the information in that thread seems like it might be incorrect, I thought I'd start a new one.

1. My wife and I are flying HER-MUC on Aegean in Y next month. That earlier thread I'd mentioned indicated that Star Alliance Gold members could get early seat assignments, but in calling Aegean the agent said that I have to wait until check-in at 48 hours. Was that agent right, or should I call Aegean again?
2. The flight is an A320, economy-only. In the absence of a good seat map, are there any particular row numbers (particularly exit) I should request? And again, as a *A Gold do I have access to them?
3. And an esoteric question: Because this is a birthday trip for my wife, she wants our destination to be a surprise. If I give Aegean her United membership number without her email address, does anyone know if she might possibly nevertheless get an email from Aegean about the flight?

Thanks for any help!