FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:07 pm
Blueboys999

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by todd-r
Why are you talking to the AAvantage desk? The wiki instructions above are very clear on the steps to take to have vouches applied.
Because when I called the reservation number in the UK they said they couldn't process the voucher because it, like every voucher I've ever known, is in $US and the fare is in UK£. It was actually they who put me through to the AAdvantage desk.

It seems to me that very few agents have the remotest idea how to handle that scenario properly and the instructions are some way off as clear even to AA agents as you seem to believe. The solution would be to pay compensatory vouchers in the same currency as the original fare ticket but that appears to be beyond AA's capabilities.

Originally Posted by JY1024
Well, it's possible that procedures have changed recently - but I've never heard of the scenario you described!

Normally, it's just like the wiki says: put your flight on hold, call AA and have them start the process to have it ticketed via voucher. Mail your voucher to the appropriate office. Upon receipt of your voucher, they'll go through the ticketing process, backing out any necessary taxes based on the type of voucher you have. Then in your case, the remaining balance would be put onto a new voucher (which expires 1 year from the issue date of the NEW voucher) that will be mailed to you.
Thanks for that. The process you describe is how I understand it as well.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Aug 17, 2014 at 11:14 pm