FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live TR: Boston, Toronto, New York - 9 flights in 9 days
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:53 pm
csutter

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Part 12: AA2221 ORD-BOS: Zzzzzz?
B738 N935NN, Economy, 8A

Hello, Chicago. Great to be here. It's 11pm Boston time, I've been up since 4:40am and I am wondering why on earth I thought this would be a good idea rather than just paying up for the direct Air Canada flight. It's okay, I can do this. Just follow the signs that say K gates and Admirals Club.

A sleepy yet busy ORD

Surprised how busy the airport is, yet how sleepy the general vibe seems to be. Try and spot a friendly soul to guest into the club, but it seems everybody is travelling in herds tonight. I make my way to the Admirals Club, ignorant that ORD of all places has a Flagship Lounge, and through reception. The place looks tiny from the outside, but the fact that you have to get in one of a bank of four elevators to get to the actual club level is the first hint at how huge it actually is.

View over the Admirals Club

It's quite busy around the bar and I'm no longer feeling particularly sociable so I just grab a quick Stella and head off to one of many quiet corners. There's an amazing view from the windows over the apron, so for a brief moment of zen-like reflection I become at ease with my strange ways and one with the airport. Or maybe it's just the beer.

Beer and Zen, what more can you ask for?

I board the flight, not without pulling an accidental DYKWIA-esque gate louse move, having temporarily forgotten that I am not actually flying in F on this flight and board soon after the two actual F passengers. This is where having AA EXP status would have been helpful, my puny BA Emerald status might give me Admirals Club access (which they don't get), but I have to slum it in Coach despite F being almost totally empty. But hey ho, I have a bulkhead seat in row 8 and the FA takes a liking to my accent and hangs my blazer for me and chats a bit.

We take off quite soon after pushing back, symptomatic of the time of day I presume. The next thing I remember is waking up as we touch down. I didn't even think about sleeping but simply passed out in my seat, bless. At least this time I didn't have any bags to wait for at BOS so I just crawl back to the hotel. At reception, my wish for a 2pm checkout is duly granted and the day finally draws to an end...