FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - North America routing help please...
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:21 pm
saskew

North America routing help please...

We're planning a North America holiday next summer and am looking for advice on the best way to book our proposed routing.

Leaving the UK (fairly flexible on departure airport, any Northern or London) first stop in New York; then New York - Toronto; Toronto - Calgary; then back to the UK from preferably Calgary but could travel to Vancouver to come back if better.

We're currently blue BA but could make bronze after this trip, so prefer BA flights where possible, particularly as we usually book Prem Econ and use miles to upgrade to Club when we come back from Calgary every winter so would like to do this from YYC/YVR if possible. But would accept a return routing through New York if this were cheaper.

I've read the New York - Toronto leg can be done on AA, redeeming 4,500 BA miles, at $0 tax, but am struggling to find where/how I could actually book this redemption flight.

BA aside, Iceland Air do routing with an open jaw between New York and Toronto, but we'd be left booking singles Toronto - Calgary and then the YYC/YVR to home leg, which I'm finding very expensive.

So any advice and tips would be very welcomed, thank you in advance to everyone