FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Enhancements" coming to Avis First
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:11 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Regarding "forgetting to not add your FF info": can you call Avis and have them remove it from your profile?
My FF info is not in my profile; is it really in yours? (I don't see any way to add it.)

What's in my profile is my default AWD, but not my FF info. I have to add my FF info from scratch on the last page of making a reservation every single time.

So the only way you can NOT add it is, as IAHtraveler said, by not forgetting to NOT type it in (in other words, by remembering to leave it blank each time you make a reservation).

But the problem is that for those of use who like real miles and real hotel points, the constant barrage of nice partner promotion coupons makes it too hard to leave that blank.

But it helps that for me (and many others) the free day coupons are too limited. They don't include everything (and at some airports the fees are more than daily rate!), they may make credit card coverage not work (because you didn't pay for the whole rental with that credit card) and yet they don't include their own coverage, and they're useless if you just collect one or two days and are doing mostly week-long rentals and there being no difference in price between paying for all 7 days and paying for 5 of them and getting 2 of them "free".

I do tend to earn a couple free day coupons every 2 or 3 years as my gift for qualifying for Avis First (again) after not having been Avis First for a year (because my rental patterns are not enough for Avis First every year), and yet I've never had an situation in which I was able to use one of those coupons (they all expired unused).