FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:19 pm
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
Come now. Do you think the vast majority of people really care?
I think so. Definitely not before Target, but post-Target was a huge wake up call. Ask any American today and they'll likely know about the Target breach late last year and what a security risk we are today using mag-stripe credit cards.

If I were the Waltons, I'd go out strong and promote how Walmart is ahead of the pack of everyone else with their EMV terminals. "Did you receive a new chip card? Test it out at your local Walmart and we'll give you 20% off your first chip card transaction purchase! Because we care about credit card security, while others don't." Sounds like a great way to lure more customers into Walmart over their competitors who lag behind.

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
I'm sure, alathough it may be after we're all gone,k retina scans are in the offering. You will stare into a retina readers and it will automatically debit your account. This will send credit card fraud thieves back to the unemployment lines.
I'm still in my early 30s so I say we'll get there by the time I'm in my 50s. That's how they already validate my entry into Canada (when flying into Canada) using NEXUS!

Last edited by kebosabi; Aug 15, 2014 at 4:28 pm