FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:00 pm
vievic

Misspelled name

Dear LH Lurkers,

I've just booked an award flight VIE-YYZ-YYC-SEA/SFO-YVR-MUC-VIE. As I did some preparation with the known tools, all selected flights should have had availability in I. While the first call was unsuccessful (the agent told me there was no flight available from YYC to SEA, not even in X), the second agent was able to book the flights. Hooray!

A few minutes later when I read the booking confirmation I noticed that the second passenger's surname was misspelled: ......cKt instead of ......cHt. I immediately called to have the error corrected, but was told the ticket was issued an no changes possible. The only solution, I was told, was to either cancel and reissue the ticket (€100 for the 2 of us and the uncertainty if the flights can be booked again when it was difficult the first time) or to add a remark.

I don't see that this mistake is my responsibility (either the agent misunderstood me or miss-typed the name) and would like to know if really there is no chance to correct a simple typo. I don't really like the idea of travelling to the states and dealing with TSA and CBP with a misspelled name on the ticket.

Thank you,
vievic