FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:55 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
With the current Y+ prices (easily 2-3 times the cheapest available Y), I don't see too many Y flyers up-tiering to Y+.
A number of large corporate accounts now have a policy of allowing Y+ but not C so perhaps it will work in some cases- I cannot see it realistically adding the missing numbers to the P&L though.

A combination of NEK, "short haul" flights of up to 4.5 hours without proper business class, long haul business class behind the competition (still no lie flat for example on any of the 744 fleet and much of the Airbus fleet), pricing increases and schedule reductions to key Asian destinations, and what seems to be a somewhat decreasing value proposition for the frequent flyer (unless only full fare) all the while adjusting the Star Alliance equation to be not equal (such as TK with only 25% status miles) have put Lufthansa behind alternatives not only of the GCC yet also IAG (BA in particular), and even AFKL- something I would not have imagined possible just three years ago.