FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:47 am
ArmyFlyer05

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
So I will provide my data point. I stayed for 11 nights the from July 22 to August 2nd and 9 nights back in January. The hotel was sold out this time and I had booked a Waikiki view room. First time this year I did not get any type of Diamond upgrade. I've gotten them at a few other hotels that were sold out, so not sure what was different here. I was there for work so I didn't really mind, but I would have liked to see the renovated rooms (I stay here 20-30 nights a year for work). I checked a couple of times throughout my stay and they couldn't move me at all.

On another note, the Regency Club staff is phenomenal, very friendly. I had some serious issues with the valet team in January, they forgot to get my car twice when I called down and somehow forgot when my wife went up to the valet stand and asked for the car. This time was much better though, so definitely an improvement there.

The standard internet is still ridiculously slow, and I could not get the premium service option to load on the screen so I hung out in the Regency Club with the faster internet. The rooms are not hard wired if you have a computer/government computer without Wi-Fi. I went and asked about a room that was hard wired and they didn't have any available, they said to use the business center, which also didn't have any hard wired spots that I could find. Just something to note since the website states the rooms have wired internet access.