FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cashback on Amex GC through TopCashBack, BigCrumbs, etc.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:24 am
apuraja

business orders requiring signature on delivery

has anyone noticed a change in the signature required on delivery in the past few days? I always order customized business AGC in large amounts, and have signed up for $99 next day shipping. Until last week all orders required signature on delivery.

However yesterday and today the driver has dropped off $45k worth of AGC at my doorstep without signature. I called UPS and they said the last two packages did not have "signature required" from the shipper and so it was left to driver's discretion.

Obviously at those amounts I do not want the driver to use his mis-discretion, I want him to deliver only upon signature. Before I call the buffoons on AGC CS line who'll probably give me typical BS I want to know if anyone had this experience recently?

UPS told me I can add a sticky note on my door directing the UPS driver to not drop off the package at the door step.

Originally Posted by martig4
If you sign up for UPS MyChoice you can give a signature release online so the UPS driver may leave the package, even if a signature is required.

You will also receive notifications from UPS when packages have been sent from AMEX and are in transit.