FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada rouge Flight Report and Feedback Thread
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerJ

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Flight/Origin-Destination:
YYC-LAS
E50k
Y/Rouge class seats
Fare was significantly higher than one-stop options. Reluctantly purchased Rouge due to non stop service (and WS flight time not optimal)

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient?
Identical to mainline

Onboard - rouge cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed?
Yes, although the Rouge announcement script became tiring and annoying quite quickly -- particularly the silly "your gear" lingo. Pretty hard to pull off an attempt at being fun/whimsical when you're reading (awkwardly) a corp comm script.

If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates?
Delay yes. Updates no.

Did the IFE work as expected?
Yes. Many pax around me upset at learning of the mandatory iPad requirement to use IFE.

Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin?
Quickly -- acceptable.

How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe?
Passable, but not great. Like mainline, very few options that are both healthy and good. Had a Greek salad which was decent (even though it seemed like a fast food chain version of a salad.)

Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight?
Yes.

Seating and cabin comfort
Noticed that you forgot to include this category in the review format.

Y cabin seating was awful. Awful, awful, awful, awful.

I'm 6'4". Sitting in Y class was utterly painful.

For the duration of my flight, I sat on your plane angry at Air Canada for thinking it appropriate to sell a product that does not even offer the most basic of human needs -- space for one's own body. To fork out my own money and then to be required to sit contorted and utterly uncomfortable was a horrendous experience.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time?
Carry on only.

Overall experience/any other comments[/QUOTE]
I have one future Rouge flight booked -- YYC/LAX (Initially booked mainline, but then Rouged after the fact.) Have booked Plus seating for that flight, which appears to be my only option with you. (I'm a Y class, Flex fare customer of AC). Sadly that limits my possible seats to only 6 per plane.

Highly unlikely that I will fly Rouge again after that trip unless Y space issues are addressed.

Last edited by FlyerJ; Aug 14, 2014 at 1:16 am