FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Starting Summer 2014 [route discussion]
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:29 pm
AAExpDFW

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
I'm flying DFW-HKG in J in September. Can those of you who have flown this indicate approximately how long it might be from deplaning to clearing immigration and customs in the evening? I am trying to plan out the rest of the evening so this would be helpful. Thanks.
I fly this route (US-HKG) and this AA route a couple times. Usually (with checked bags) I'm through C&I within 45 minutes. From there I'm usually downtown within another 30 to 45 min (max). Bags are usually already on the belt by the time I've gotten done with HK Immigration. If you have eChannel you are thru in 5 min. Otherwise 30 min is the longest I've ever waited. They are very efficient at getting you into the country.

I love this flight. It lands around the 5:30/6pm range and I'm usually having a nice dinner in my hotel by 8:30.