FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 pm
HitAndRun

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
What is best practice for getting Comfort Plus seating on KLM as Delta Platinum?

Update: After speaking with another Delta rep it turns out only Delta Plat is eligible for Comfort Plus on KLM. Other members on the PNR would need to purchase this however, in order to purchase, the flight needs to be KLM flight number not Delta code share.

'm taking my first flight on Delta as new Delta Plat, after jumping ship from United as long time 1Ker, and am beginning to think United wasn't that bad. I am getting the run around on getting Comfort plus for the 3 of us on the KLM operated segment.

I am on two segment outbound international flight out of Seattle with first segment on Delta (confirmed in CP) but second segment is Delta codeshare KLM operated. Delta agent was unable to get me comfort plus at time of booking but told me it was available. Calling "KLM" service center in US was of no help and agent told me economy comfort was full after supposedly speaking with KLM in AMS, even though KLM website showed 12 open seats when I pretended to make new reservation. I have same issue on the Delta codeshare on return flight.

Would my problem be solved if I had KLM flight numbers for both outbound segments i.e. KLM codeshare Delta operated first segment and KLM operated second segment? Would this create issues getting Comfort Plus on the Delta operated first segment? Would I be able to get comfort plus on KLM website? How do I ensure I get MQD - does first segment need to be on Delta?

I still have time to cancel my reservation as I am within 24 hour window and redo booking through Orbitz or Kayak.

Last edited by HitAndRun; Aug 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm