FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:06 pm
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
I resent being called a cheapskate bum, but you make a very good point here...^
If a cheapskate bum is anyone who won't pay 5000 EUR for old business to fly to New York then yes I am a cheapskate bum as well. This reminds me of the old class of managers of the Big 3 in the 80's who lamented that cheap ungrateful customers were buying Japanese autos (which were clearly of higher quality and better value).

Y+ has been asked for by Lufthansa customers including through the very events set up by Flytertalk, the HON circle, the SEN events, etc for more than 15 years and while it is nice it finally coming (~30 years after Eva launched the product) I doubt (admittedly without any data) it will even make 2% difference on the P&L in 2016 much less 2015.

Has anyone come out with a calculation on how effectively driving away status members and cutting key routes has affected P&L? Or the speed of roll out of business vs. competitors? Or NEK? This would be a lot more useful to than the "difficult revenue environment" press releases which really any company that is losing its premium clients will say. Also Polaroid experienced a "difficult revenue environment" following the launch of the digital camera.

Any ideas yet on how the Ethiad injection to AZ will affect LH group?