FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amtrak Lounge Access with United Club Card
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:37 pm
1KPath

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Amtrak Lounge Access with United Club Card

I am sorry if this has been covered in depth before but I am getting conflicting information from Amtrak.

Per a number of posts, I understand that United Club Card holders are permitted to Club Acela lounges but not Metropolitan lounges. However, on Amtrak's web site, it states...

"United Club Members with a valid United Club Card may bring in two guests or their spouses and children under the age of 21. Additionally, United Global First or United BusinessFirst passengers with a flight coupon or boarding pass with a segment in United Global First or United BusinessFirst." ... for access to all lounges. (http://www.amtrak.com/station-lounges)

I have been both accepted and rebuffed at Los Angeles Union Station Metropolitan club before my weekly "commutes" to San Diego. Does anyone know what the "real rule" or agreement with UA is?