FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:28 am
aa4ever

Originally Posted by AtlantaX
You know, for an airline that is hitting so many things right, this is an epic fail.

BASICALLY, this comes down to added cereal, soup, and some dressed up snacks. Oh, english muffins and hard boiled eggs too. I'm sure the eggs will smell great.

Seriously, for a membership that costs so much, this is a huge let down and disappointment.

I was in Air France club in Dulles yesterday. So simple and so delicious.

EPIC FAIL DELTA.
Right, but the AF lounge is a different model.

I actually think this is pretty reasonable. Very decent breakfast items (I'd bet that the vast majority of people eat cereal, bread, fruit, and/or eggs plus maybe a breakfast pastry and they have those covered). They also have reasonable soups (wish they'd vary it more, but can't ask for everything), salads and a variety of dessert-type things (cookies/cheesecakes) and some appetizers. It's not the Centurion lounge, but considering what AA and UA have and what we had last month, this is pretty impressive. Additionally, the complimentary liquor is getting back to what they had (I believe only the gin and scotch now are below what they had in early 2013). If only they'd improve the beers too.

But on balance, I prefer this to what we had pre-alcohol devaluation, as I like to have a decent snack more than a drink in the lounge.