FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pan Pacific (Marina) vs Marriott Singapore (Orchard)
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:27 am
markcwj

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by aster
Does that give you access to the lounge at Pan Pacific? Overall Orchard Road has historically been the "main street" in Singapore, but in recent years things have spread out more and the heart of the city seems to have moved more eastwards (Scotts Road's fall in significance has also been a factor).

The Pan Pacific will surely be a good choice and even the design of the hotel, the lobby area, etc., is on a different level. The hotel is also connected to a shopping mall (Marina Square) which is convenient.

The GHA Platinum will not give you lounge access. I've gotten a level upgrade as a GHA Platinum during my stays there. I have stayed in the hotel at least five times in the last six months and have gotten an upgrade always.

If you do have a Local Experience Award though, be sure to redeem it for club access. It's probably great value too! I remember it costs approximately S$150-180 for club access so redeeming a local experience award will be good.

This is a short review to the Harbour Studio which I personally recommend http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...ific-singapore