FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:20 pm
jibi

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by suite2suite
Yes, some do. Mine did, all the way to the 7th floor.
The problem, I found out comes from the "air intake" being placed in the courtyard, right next to a table where smoking is allowed.
The night I complained about it, they were smoking cigars at that table and the scent was going through the duct system. It didn't matter whether the ventilation was turned on or not, you could smell it.

Now surely, common sense would dictate that you do not place a table of smokers, let alone cigar smokers, at a table where the "air intake" is located.
Short of making it a courtyard for non-smokers which they will not do, they should either relocate the "air intake" (which is supposed to be fresh air), an expensive task if not practically impossible, or designate part of the courtyard for non-smokers which might not make much difference since the courtyard is rather small.
Nevertheless, I am hoping they find a solution.
We barely smelled the faintest scent of smoke in our first 3 nights... then we felt like we had someone smoking in the room with us on our 4th night. It was absolutely disgusting. My wife is also sensitive to smoke and she had a number of issues following that incident. It was our last night and we decided not to worry about moving to a different room, but there's no excuse if the intake is the issue. That is a health hazard!