FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:05 pm
TrojanTraveler

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Here to answer my own questions about EC on the 767v2. Tried to take as many notes as possible. Overall, not a great set-up, and I would avoid row 12 (I sat in 13).

Boarding door 2L is right in front of 12AB, so if that door is used (which is was for boarding), there is a lot of traffic. After the door is closed, that area really doesn't quiet down. The are two bathrooms directly across the aisle from 12B and 12F. Not only do folks linger here, but at least on this plane, the door made a bit of a slamming sound when closed. (Even in 13AB, we could occasionally smell the toilets, heard the door slam and toilets flush. Maybe not a big deal on a daytime flight, but would not want that on an overnight flight.)

For 12A and G, not only does the fuselage begin to intrude into the seat (so not good if you have broad shoulders), but the boarding door also intrudes a lot. The woman in 12A was thin and not too tall, and you could tell she was not that comfortable. 12B and F have unlimited legroom, but again, you have the bathroom and its traffic. The armrests were of the exit row kind, meaning that the video is in the armrest (there is no video screen on the wall in front of them on the other side of the door.)

There is no overhead for row 12, and limited overhead for 13, so you either board early or you will need to go even further back with a rollaboard.

I'd also note that the window configuration is odd, so that row 14 and 15 do not have windows. Neither does row 12.

The one upside is that row 14 CDE had a huge amount of legroom. I couldn't tell if folks walked across in front during flight.
As a follow up to this post, I have now had this plane substituted for the normal layout 3 times over the past few weeks. Aside from losing the row 13 bulkhead, those in row 17 lose their EC seats...it seems that the computer doesn't automatically put them in row 12. I noted previously that row 12 isn't great, and on each flight, the pax didn't seem to happy to be sitting there.