FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cebu "meal" service CX921/920
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:38 am
midlevels

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I will take the paper box meal or noodles or pizza any day of the week instead of the baugette sandwich with "meat."
Ugh. Choice between bad and worse. CX and KA flights to PVG are shorter than CEB and on the PVG flights there is a proper meal service. Guess it's just down to route discrimination and what the bean counters think they can get away with.

Originally Posted by RevJim
I live in Cebu and this has been the normal routine for at least a couple of years.

I don't do much short haul aside from HKG-CEB. I just assumed all the CX short haul routes were the same.
Nope. I think most of the short haul routes have proper catering, unless something has changed. BKK is also similar length to CEB but has proper meals unless those have been cut too.

If the "Airline of the Year" serves this kind of rubbish then air travel as a whole is really going downhill, with CX leading the way.

Again, this meal offering was in PE - it wasn't even regular Y. Even for Y the meal was bad but for pax who paid a premium to fly PE it's outright insulting to serve this kind of stuff.