FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Always a freaking problem with their web site
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:23 pm
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyventure
Trust me, the Oops messages as generic as they are annoyed the living snot out of me (and most of us) every day. I've been designing websites for 20+ years now and I am also a software developer on the side. I can't stand vague non-informative errors. I have a feeling really fixing things as much as possible is a low priority right now (unless it impacts a large number of folks) until Altea is handling domestic operations. You should see the pages of open tickets there are for the SAAS res system, but it would only annoy you even more.
I used to write code in another life about 25 year ago. Error messages are really fun to write, and having a generic OOPS page is rude and shows lack of talent.

I sort of remember one of my favorites:

Uh oh. Whatever key you just hit confused me. It's probably not your fault as I am just a stupid computer. I look smart because I do simple things very fast. Do me a favor, try that again and I will try to do better. Deal? Or you could just start all over. I know, seems like a waste of time, but it may be the quickest way to get what you want. Sorry.
Another:

You have been trapped in an infinite loop. It is not really infinite as I saw you going round and round and about the gazillionth time through I jumped in with this message. Infinity is tough. It like goes on forever, so be glad I jumped in or you would still be there. Now that we are stuck here together, let's do something. Going back to the home screen and starting over will almost always work, but that may be a lot of work. You can try "BACK" but you may just back into that same infinite loop. Oh well, no harm in trying. If you find that loop you will just see this message again. So if you come back here, start over.