FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:25 pm
tina.pdx

Two weeks after I sent the forms in, I received my passport back. Applied for, and got, the 60 month visa. I called a couple of different visa agencies in SF, intending to have them do it for $80, but decided to do it myself after getting some suggestions from them.

Details:
I sent, by FedEx, a notebook with 16 pages, including all the required forms (in the specific order they requested) plus a copy of my drivers license (front and back), proof of permanent residency (water bill & property tax statement), 2 pages of financial info, PLUS a cover letter to specify my intent to visit India in the winter and return home for the summers.

I also sent CKGS the extra $15 for them to FedEx the passport back, which was overnighted.

I received emails each step of the process once they received the forms. My only gripe is that there was no FedEx Tracking Number sent in the final email saying they had dispatched the passport......

Overkill?? After reading the stories about people getting 6 or 12 months when requesting 5 or 10 years, I thought I'd err on the side of Too Much Information.

Best to you all!

t