FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lap Infant Ticket Pricing with Upgrade / Award Seat {Archive}
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:23 am
USHPNWDLUA

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I can't say for sure this is still true - but when I travelled with our kids as lap child's years ago I was not allowed to sit in first domestically as in case of emergency there were not enough oxygen masks in the overhead compartment to accommodate the number of passengers below - therefore economy it was.....
I'm betting that's it. I had no idea that there were more oxygen masks over some of the coach rows than other rows, until I flew an RJ from ORD-xxx (no, it wasn't MIA ) and the FA made all pax with kids in arms on the single-seat side move to the two-seat side. This was the reason he gave. I felt a little silly not having realized that wherever there were an infant-in-arms, there had to be an extra mask... Incidentally, I've never seen a plane with this many infants-in-arms. It was truly mind-boggling. When the door opened at xxx, the FA told the GA, who welcomed "your kids and you" to xxx.