FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live TR: Boston, Toronto, New York - 9 flights in 9 days
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:38 pm
csutter

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Part 10: Toronto, eh?

Part 10: Toronto, eh?

After my immigration debacle I quickly divine that there is no rail-based way to get from the airport to downtown Toronto. The bus costs CA$42 but comes with free WiFi and a happy chap at the wheel so I can't really complain now, can I? A shifty and dishevelled looking character boards the bus before me and when asked where he is going responds "anywhere dude". I decide that is good enough for me and simply point at him and say "same for me" when it's my turn.

View over downtown Toronto

Turns out "anywhere dude" is the Intercontinental next to the CN tower which suits me just fine. My friend just moved to Toronto and couldn't take the day off her new job, so we'll be meeting for lunch and dinner and I need something to do in the meantime anyway. Grab some tickets for the tower (no queues this early in the day) and head up the magic lift to the viewing platform.

Billy Bishop airport in all its glory

Take some shots for the old Instagram account and spend half an hour watching the airplane action at Billy Bishop airport (YTZ), the Toronto equivalent of my beloved LCY. Fun twist – the airport is accessed by passenger ferry, not sure the DLR can keep up on the coolness factor here.

Glass glass and mor e glass

I meet my friend for lunch over some poutine and spend the rest of the afternoon wandering around aimlessly in downtown Toronto and enjoying the glorious sunshine. I've been incredibly lucky on this trip!

Sunny harbourside Toronto

Dinner time comes around and we head to Lou Dawg's on King Street West for some rather nice cider and wings. I decide to come to Toronto more often and hope that I have managed to avoid finding myself on some sort of Canadian database of dodgy people.

Delicious wings and ice cold cider

We walk back to the airport bus pickup point at the IC and say our goodbyes - as luck would have it my airport bus arrives just as we get there around 5:30. I'm starting to feel tired and am dreading the US immigration dance at the airport and the hours of flying I have ahead of me.