FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites {CAN}
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:38 am
sallyerd

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
As Diamonad- was upgraded on a Saturday in July 2014

Just completed a one-night stay and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded from a Jr. Presidential suite (both Falls view) to a Complete Presidential two-room suite (both Falls view, also) I am doubly surprised by the upgrade for two reasons, it was a prime evening stay during high season and secondly because upgrades are NOT a covered benefit at any Embassy Suite. Perhaps my nice note in the comments section of my reservation helped.

I want to also commend the property regarding a major improvement since my previous stay, two summers ago. They have eliminated the disgustingly tacky and inappropriate big brandy snifters labelled "TIPS" next to each check-in station at the front desk. I have never seen those at any other Hilton internationally or domestically before or since. Good riddance. <smile>

Now I will relay a piece of useless or useful tourista info (your pick). Two years ago we did Maid of the Mist. This year those boats are only on the American side and instead the Canadians have gorgeous, bigger catamarans called Hornblowers. IMO, the old Maid of the Mist on the American side is better. The rickety, dirty, old buckets with engines straining audibly under your feet give the sense of danger or adventure that just makes the ride better. "Nuff said. YMMV or YLMV (Your Leagues May Vary).