FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live TR: MAN-LHR-BRU-LHR-JFK-MIA-SEA/SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-BRU-LHR-MAN
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:15 pm
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
So I think we have agreed to move on from the shenanigans of yesterday and get back to normal today. I have accepted the decision of the mods to move this thread to the TR forum. Let's not waste any more energy on debating the rights and wrongs in public from this point onwards. I bet the TR forum regulars are wondering what all the fuss is about!

I'd like to thank everyone again for their support and encouragement to continue. I'm a tad behind on my reporting after a day of positioning flights, and a day reviewing what my objectives of this thread are. To finish this thought process off, and to share with you how I see this thread progressing:
  1. I've got a blog running which contains a flight by flight and day by day account of what we are doing on our trip - I've shared that with people by pm
  2. This thread will be the live commentary to that blog and will contain similar flight by flight and day by day summaries - that avoids anyone on FT needing to go to my blog if they don't want to
  3. Hopefully lessons learned will be highlighted, interesting subjects raised and debated by all, so that the FT readers can engage and interact
  4. I'm hoping we can also have some fun with the entertaining exchanges from the BAEC forum members and the new TP forum community

This is a big day for us in our trip and I need to catch up with yesterday's events so things may appear out of order for the next 12-24 hours or so. Just bear with us.

SO LET'S GET THIS TRIP REPORT RESTARTED...