FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:32 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
- what is your definition of best? easiest to get first class
- what do you want to use the miles/points for (award, upgrade, hotels, what ever)? I think I would only use it for air travel
- what sort of flight award is of interest (destination, class of travel)? class of travel
- are you interested in topping up by paying cash for miles? I would if it made economic sense.

Questions
For members asking for information, to help people to assist you, can you please provide:
(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
(upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, extra baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, free - discounted lounge access, etc.)
Reply:
I want upgrades to business or first class on international travel.
I want to stop flying economy permanently as soon as I can.

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
(First, Business, Premium economy, Economy, cheapest)
Reply:I used to fly business when I only travelled occasionally but may fly economy now that I am travelling more frequently and for my own business.
You need to be far more realistic about you objectives from your few flights, especially if cheapo economy tickets.

As for upgrades read post 1. For non USA airlines upgrades with miles/points are far less common than what happens on USA airlines. For non USA airlines expect to travel in the cabin you pay cash for: that's the way it works for most non USA airlines.