FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:48 pm
kezt17

consolidation FF program's

Hi all,

I currently feel like I have too many FF programs and am looking to consolidate into the best program for my needs. I'm currently taking a year off to travel, so I want to try and use this time to attain points and status before needing to rejoin the real world at the end of next year!

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
- upgrades
- extra baggage
- good redemption rates
- lounge access

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
- normally once a year
- but this year it's been close to 15 flights, 50,000 miles

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
- cheapest or business on sale

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
- I choose the flights
- pleasure

(5) Which routes do you fly most often
(US Domestic, Transpacific, Kangaroo, in Asia etc)
- MEL-HKG

(6) What is your home airport?
(SFO, SCL, London LHR, HKG, Singapore SIN etc.)
- MEL

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in an airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
- too many!
QF: silver, 60,000
AA: none, 85,000 (considering platinum challenge for bonus points)
AS: none, 56,000
CX Asia miles: none, 32,000
A3: blue, 11,000

(8) Preferred Airlines
Reply:Any

I should probably put this in the OW forum too as my main concern is which OW airline should I stick with! In regards to status, should I chase qantas gold or simply do the AA challenge to obtain OW sapphire and receive bonus points? I think I can reach both QF gold and AA platinum this year to be valid til next year but I'm not sure it's the right move. There's also the problem of flying CX a lot and not earning many points on AA!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Kerry