FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:01 pm
patel9999

Great job CKGS

I was very worried after reading some of the horror stories of what people went through back in June. I think things got much better in July. I mailed in my application, and was shocked to get an update from CKGS (by email) that some info was missing on the main application form (for tourist visa - 6 months). Sure enough, it was my mistake. I fedexed the corrected form and a week later received my passport + 6 month tourist visa. Great job CKGS NY, for checking my forms for errors!!
Things to note:
1) Use only FedEx (i made a mistake using USPS - for some reason they don't work well with USPS)
2) Follow their instructions to every minute detail. Also fill in all their extra superfluous forms (CKGS forms). The most important form is of-course the government form you fill
3) Just mail in all the stuff and either use their mail back service ($15, they use FedEx) or enclose your prepaid return label.
4) CKGS does provide email updates.
5) Their customer service (phone) is ok and they are pretty courteous. I called them a few times. The only useful information I got from them over the website was the tracking # for the returned passport.
Overall it took 13 days door to door (including weekends). Not bad considering that there was a mistake in my app (Yeah - check your printer, the government form is A4, and so ensure that it prints correctly on to a letter size paper).
Over all a positive experience. Kudos CKGS.