FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Called , Schedule Change
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:49 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by ursine1
How long is the difference? I noticed my October MDW-TPA flights are showing 5 minute later departures than what I booked, but I've received no notification yet.
Originally Posted by lougord99
flyventure, a former Southwest employee, has indicated that it is Southwest policy to call everyone whose flight has changed by more than 15 minutes.
The flight changed from a 5:55 departure to a 6:05 departure so 10 minutes on the departure but it was going to arrive 25 minutes later at my final destination so I guess the layover was also longer.

I used the option she gave me to change to a flight that departs at 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Until recently, it was dogma that Southwest only opened a schedule for a short distance into the future so that they never had to change the schedule. Now with 9 straight months of the worst on-time in the business, that dogma is out the window as they desperately attempt to get a handle on their horrendous problem.
I'm new to SW and have yet to fly a flight with them but with 110K points and CP for not really doing anything it will be tough to complain. I used ~13K SW points for 2 people R/T. Delta has nonstop flights but they want 65K points for 2 people

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 7, 2014 at 8:42 pm