FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:20 am
318i

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by bubbabp
Place was very tranquil bordering on cold & dull with very little indication that you were actually in Hawaii.
Unless you, like, open the door to your balcony or walk outside. Were you looking for tiki torches and leafy green comforters?

As a gold passport member staying in $1200 a night room for $150 + points I was fairly annoyed by all of this, if I had been paying the standard rate I probably would have left after the first night.
But you weren't paying the standard rate. Which is probably why you got the room you did.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I looked at my stay like I was getting $3,000 of value for my points, certs, and $300. So I wasn't furious about slow service (yeah, Bumbye and Lehua dawdled a bit) -- and the vast majority of people we interacted with were so positive that I didn't really remember until your review triggered the thought.

I would skip Morimotos unless you wish to pay $200 for sushi you could find in your local strip mall.
Counterpoint - we paid $130, including a nice tip for our waiter, for a couple drinks, a delicious entree we shared, and three separate rolls. The maki is reasonably priced. Two people could get a couple drinks, four rolls, and tip for under $100 easily.