FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of priority boarding
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:11 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by vinco
My point was that I was early; there was plenty of overhead room; so what happened was pre-emptive. As I said, it didn't bother me -- let someone who needs the space have it -- but who is that someone, when even early boarders on the Sky Priority lane have to gate check their tagged/cabin-approved carry-ons?
I am indeed a bit surprised by what they did to you. Are you sure it was cabin-approved by AF standards? ie only one bag of 55cm x 35cm x 25cm (including all wheels, pockets, etc) as well as one small handbag or small computer bag or small bagpack that can fit under the seat in front of you, all of the above weighing no more than 12kg?

I'm just asking because some US airlines have a more generous hand luggage policy than European carriers and the notion of "approved cabin luggage" has become very elusive in the last decade when the formerly unified IATA rules have been replaced by airline-specific allowances.

If yours fitted AF own guidelines, then I find what they did scandalous and you should write to complain.