FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 Thai Souvenirs that you should bring back home
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:20 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
My favourite non-food (bc of import restrictions) and non-wood souvenirs is a small modern hammered pewter dish with mini intricate elephant sculpture that is actually an incense holder. It doesn't look like an incense holder so can be a jewellery/soap dish etc. I also frequent the Jim Thompson store for their giant cotton voile squares that can be used as thin coverups or elegant summer shawls. One of my first souvenirs as a kid were hand painted gold-leaf porcelain elephant salt and pepper shakers from the potters to the royal family. Those same shakers are still in daily use on my kitchen counter except now they actually contain salt and pepper instead of my 2 childhood favourite colours of glitter. I think I followed that purchase with a small equally gold-covered jar on a subsequent trip that has held everything from gummy bears and paperclips to mints and cotton balls.