FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Payless is SHADY
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:20 pm
randix

Although I'm totally sympathetic...

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Update 8/16/14..American Express found Payless at fault and charged back Payless..I got money back thanks to American Express..Friends Dont let friends rent from Payless..Over & Out.@:-)
with your complaint and pleased that you had a good outcome, I have to say, unless you're inferring that the horrible treatment you received was a company wide mandated/suggested policy, in this day and age, you generally can NOT extrapolate your treatment experience at one location to all of the company's other locations. I get that it is the knee jerk reaction, but unless you have some indication (note, I didn't even say evidence) that Payless as a company subscribes to that kind of behavior, it's really not fair to extrapolate your experience to all of the company's other locations, company owned or franchised.

I've also rented from Payless, a zillion times just as I have all of the other rental agencies, and in the San Francisco San Jose area, I honestly can't say I've ever experienced that type of behavior or anything close to what you complained of.

So, don't get me wrong, this location bears 10 red stars on my car rental map and I'll certainly AVOID them, but I'm not about to throw all of the other Payless locations under the bus.

As many here, I know the locations that either have burned me or have treated me poorly, and I avoid them. But that doesn't mean I throw every location of that particular company under the proverbial bus, whether it's Payless, Alamo, Thrifty or whatever.

Just my op.