FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthday Present
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:13 am
UltraRant

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
SAS and customer friendliness are two different worlds, as are SAS and elite program status recognitions. I guess that's also because of the culture where no one is more special than anyone else and shouldn't be treated as such. I think Scandinavia is the only place on earth where even God has to wait his turn when in line at the McDonald's...

Anyway, I'm based near OSL and didn't get a gift from SK when having my birthday. No porcelain for me... I did get, like anyone else (janteloven, nothing 'special' there), the offer for 1000 birthday points when flying with them. I got those in my account less than a week later already.

I do have some suspicions that the porcelain may be from the Japanese branch of SK. Most airlines act differently when flying there, I believe they also have a different culture where giving a gift to an appreciated business partner is quite common. Even LH usually put an extra effort in flights to Japan, with printed menu suggestions, an extra snack in Y, etc.

Maybe I should just get me a mailbox in Japan before my next birthday and see what happens.