FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:53 pm
skibum7732
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by queensgambit
You didn't bother to ask where I live, it's not illegal here. Also if you read the latest statements/posts from DOJ their monitor for online gaming has concluded their term. Also not a single indictment for online gambling sites since FTP/Stars in 11. They don't care anymore. On top of that, these charges are going through actual companies so don't know why you brought up SIC codes.

FURTHERMORE, I have spoken with Chase and the reasons I was closed were not gambling related:
-Rapid increase in revolving balances
-Too many requests for credit reviews

I should have read more but I still can't find a good articles/guides on proper etiquette for this game you guys are pros in. I guess my mistakes were applying for too many credit cards in too short a time frame but then I see all these guys doing 8/65/73s and doing card churning with 5 banks simultaneously so it was hard not to splurge.
You need to spend a little more time reading the thread in this forum...It is all here at your fingertips on FT, but for Gods sake do not hire a points coach...what a waste of $ and you see where it got you

Yes we do, however we typically do 5 cards at 5 different banks (I very very seldom ever do more than 1 personal and 1 business per bank within a 3 month timeframe)...if you had followed this pattern then you would have likely had no problems at all.