FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:59 am
globalentry57

Programs: AA EXP, MarriotPlatinum (Lifetime Gold), IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist :)) , Hilton Diamond
Questions
For members asking for information, to help people to assist you, can you please provide:
(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Quality of flight experience, lounges and earning award travel at a good rate that isn't difficult to book online.
(upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, extra baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, free - discounted lounge access, etc.)
Reply:
(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
(<25000, 25000-50000, >50000 miles - <25, 25-50, >50 flights?)
Reply: Between 125K and 175K, sometimes a bit more, over the last few years. Usually minimum 4 long haul flights from Asia to North America and many other shorter ones within Asia or USA.
(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
(First, Business, Premium economy, Economy, cheapest)
Premium Econ, sometimes business, and economy
Reply:
(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply:I can choose my airline and I can choose prem. economy for long flights. Otherwise I can but I'm middle class and don't spend too much to upgrade. I've flown Malaysia and Philippines long haul biz class as they're markedly cheaper (and not the same level as other asian airlines). Flew Korean biz for work a few years back, and EVA business and BA business a few times over the last 24 months.
(5) Which routes do you fly most often - short haul from HKG, and LAS-NYC and 4 times a year, HKG/SFO or LAX.
(US Domestic, Transpacific, Kangaroo, in Asia etc)
Reply:
(6) What is your home airport?
(SFO, SCL, London LHR, HKG, Singapore SIN etc.)
Reply:HKG
(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in an airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
(AA Executive Platinum, UA 1K, LAN Comodoro, etc)
Reply: BAEC Bronze.
(8) Preferred Airlines
Reply: Cathay, Korean