FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:17 am
JoeDTW

[QUOTE=Seat 2A;23303938]Alright then - here are the remaining unanswered questions:

The following four questions are based upon schedules published in the first half of 1974

7. Returning to Nassau aboard the Electra, you then book yourself a First Class seat onwards to Merida aboard this non-Caribbean airline’s once weekly nonstop flight – the only service offered between NAS and MID. Identify the airline and the aircraft used.

Lufthansa, 707-330B

15. Traverse City, Michigan was served by a single jet flight each day. Please identify the airline, the equipment and the route.

I would have guessed DTW, but since that isn't an option, I'll go with a UA Express / Air Cheese BAe 146 TVC-ORD

24. Once flown by everything from 707s to L-1011s to BAC-111s, during the summer of '92 the Miami to Nassau route was being served by a multitude of propeller driven aircraft and only a single daily jet flight. Identify the airline and the jet aircraft serving this route back then.

Bahamasair, 737-200

29. This U.S. airline named select aircraft in its fleet after entertainers Sammy Davis Jr., Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis and Bing Crosby. Identify the airline and the aircraft type (It was the same type of aircraft for all four)

National Airlines, DC-10. I believe the DC-10 named Bing Crosby got its name because of NA's sponsorship of Bing's final Xmas Special. This Xmas special featured Bing's duet with David Bowie. I was nine years old when the special aired, and I thought Bowie was a "total creep". Little did I know that Mr. Bowie's "Let's Dance" would be the theme song for my 1983 high school summer vacation!