FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS, United's ongoing fare fraud and why you should complain to the DOT
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:10 pm
DErg

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by spin88
That kind of "oh gee, we said its F, never disclosed anything else, but had you read 40 pages of fine print - which we don't show you, and don't make you review - you would have realized you really bought a ticket on Grayhound" move will probably work in a state that gave America crooked savings and loans, Enron, and Allen Stanford but it will not fly anywhere else.

Its fraud.
Glad you agree, hopefully the DOT will as well. I'm still debating the best course of action to try and recover the fare difference between what I paid for an F seat and if I had booked a Y seat (what I ended up flying in this time). Not sure if I'll dispute the transaction or try small claims. Does anyone have some advice based on their experiences?

In United's form reply to the DOT complaint they didn't offer a thing except that I booked economy and to bad. Considering I spent over $20k on them last year and was on track to spend over $30k this year you would think they would have at least offered some token amount of miles.