FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - women dies on US Airways flight from HNL-PHX
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:51 am
ThinWallet

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I rendered aid on a transpacific flight from ICN-LAX. A lady was having chest pain and had taken too much nitroglycerin and bottomed out her blood pressure and passed out. Unfortunately, it took a while for me to figure out what was going on because she only spoke Chinese... I was given the option of diverting the plane to either Anchorage (4 hours) or Tokyo (3.5 hours).. fortunately after am IV and a little fluid she perked up and was adamant about continuing on to her final destination.. I told them to have an ambulance met her at the gate; checking on her periodically but she refused to go to the hospital.. I later learned she got chest pain from time to time but had never seen the doctor... getting Nitroglycerin from the pharmacy in China.. todays was worse so she had taken 3 of them... oh well.. she's an adult and in charge of her own decisions but I'm glad she didn't die on my watch...

FDw
I just want to say thank you for coming forward to offer your assistance to a person in distress.