FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything you wanted to know about CC: Status, Properties, Promos (READ ME FIRST)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:30 pm
bonjurkes

Have anyone tried the breakfast option, while staying at the hotel, paying by gold points (without any cash) ?

When I was staying at a different country hotel, I asked about the price for this condition (by email) they told me the price (I stated that I will stay with gold points) , but on the reception when I informed them about having the breakfast, they said that "it's all right sir" and didn't charged me extra for it.

Now, I will stay for 5 nights with gold points (in a different country) and I really wonder if I should just talk about this matter on reception (don't know how to ask it actually), or just enjoy the breakfast and state it while checking it out and see if they will charge me for it or not. I think asking the price on this case over email would prevent a surprise in case they ask me to pay for it.

What would be the best option?

and second question,

if I stay at the hotel by paying with gold points, will it increase my Year - to date Elite progress night numbers of stay?

Last edited by bonjurkes; Aug 1, 2014 at 3:36 pm