FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - women dies on US Airways flight from HNL-PHX
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:42 am
GalleyWench

Originally Posted by kilo
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Airport paramedics are very well trained and aware of our circumstances and they will whisk a person off the airplane very quickly in case they have passed away so as not to declare them on the airplane.
Let's hope that's a perception rather than a reality.

A dead passenger is dead, but if he has 'passed out' or is dying the concern should be the passenger not the airline. If the passenger needs immediate attention that should be given there and then. If they need to get to a hospital asap then it should be for their sake not for the airline's.
I'm sorry if my post wasnt clear. Of course the passenger will be given care and first aid until the plane lands and ground people (paramedics) can take over. I've had 2 passengers die inflight and we performed CPR until we landed. Both times it was obvious they wouldn't survive, but paramedics did remove them promptly and continue resuscitation efforts in the jetway before pronouncing them. We always make every effort possible to save someone and will use every resource we have, my point was that airport paramedics know to remove them before they actually pronounce them. Sorry for the confusion.