FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:40 am
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
It's not the bus that is "dirty". It's because once you are dumped at the terminal then you mix with other non-Schengen pax. So they should make A non-Schengen bus arrivals a clean zone only for US/UK arrivals.

I am going to try to use MUC or CPH exclusively going forward. However, on the return FRA is not so bad even with a bus gate, although a cop grabbed me in Z a few days ago after the passport control for secondary.

Malmosto: this has been in place for many years. And given your username then you might have noticed this at CPH where they rebuilt the arrivals in the C finger so that you avoid security when connecting and arriving from US or UK before going to passport control. Ok, if you are going to Malmo then you wouldn't notice it.......

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Once you are on a non-Schengen bus you cannot avoid transfer security. As security screening costs money I would have thought it is to the airline's interest to eliminate unnecessary security. I suspect LH might say it's FRAport's decision and they have no control but isn't LH by far the largest customer of FRAport and partly own(?) Pier A+? Anyway MUC can do it very well.

However, it's not just bus arrivals. The UK and Ireland are also 'clean' non-Schengen countries but apart from rare occasions when evening flights dock at Z gates connecting passengers have to clear transfer security whether their flight arrives at a B gate, C gate or a remote stand.

Last edited by gnaget; Aug 1, 2014 at 8:47 am