FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Tightens Lounge Access Rules for Emirates Passengers
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:24 pm
RadioGirl

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by patrickk
I think you will find that EK started this round of lockouts.
Early in the "partnership" I had problems at the EK Business lounge in DXB as a paid QC member (EK-marketed and operated flights in Y). The first time they told me that using QC for access only applied if I had a QF-marketed flight. An appeal to a supervisor fixed that. The second time they told me I had to have a QF FF number on my BP to use QC for access. I had to let them change the FF from EK to QF to let me into the lounge (where I immediately changed it back.)

Whether these were due to teething problems or an unofficial policy to make it harder for QC members to use the lounge, I don't know or, frankly, care.
I was denied EK lounge access in Melbourne last week because I had a QF tircket and it would not scan, ...
On what basis were you trying to use the EK lounge? Business or First class ticket? QF Gold? EK Gold? QC paid membership?
... while in the QF lounge they were still announcing EK flights suggesting EK passengers were still welcome.
Not really surprising. First, the changes announced in the OP don't take effect until October 1. Second, EK passengers who are EK Gold, EK Platinum or flying business or first will still be "welcome"* after 1 October; it's only paid QC members flying Y who will not.

*I haven't ever found the attitude "welcoming" but that's another thread.

Last edited by RadioGirl; Jul 31, 2014 at 10:31 pm