FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Insurance - International Trip w/ recent Kidney Donor
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:42 pm
caseynshan

Trip Insurance - International Trip w/ recent Kidney Donor

I have been trying to obtain Trip Insurance for a trip I am leading to Guatemala.
One of the people on the trip, donated a kidney approximately 6 weeks ago.
Obviously I'd like to have good trip insurance. My guess is the main concern would be medical extraction back to the US etc...

I've been searching on squaremouth.com and weeded out a bunch that didn't cover Pre-Existing conditions. I've been emailing different companies and they all say they would not cover a Kidney donor. (They say it's an 'Exclusion'.. even though I can't find it in their policies.)

Any recommendations?

PS - I'm not worried about trip cancelation etc... I have purchased the flights etc using the United Card.

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...ection-new.htm

Travel Protection*
The MileagePlus Explorer Card provides you with comprehensive travel protection benefits that give you peace of mind while traveling near and far.
Baggage Delay Insurance
If you experience a baggage delay, you can be reimbursed for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If you or your immediate family members' checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost by the carrier, you're covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
Trip Delay Reimbursement
If your common carrier travel is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay, you and your family are covered for unreimbursed expenses made with your MileagePlus Explorer Card, such as meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket.
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $10,000 for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses made with your MileagePlus Explorer Card, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
Travel Accident Insurance
When you pay for your air, bus, train, or cruise transportation with your MileagePlus Explorer Card, you're covered for accidental death or dismemberment during your trip, from the moment you leave home until you return.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Decline the rental company's collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your MileagePlus Explorer Card. Coverage is primary and is provided for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.

Last edited by caseynshan; Jul 31, 2014 at 7:45 pm Reason: added space for clarity